[mythtv-users] PVR250 Tuner Troubles

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Sep 22 21:30:35 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 17:35, Bill Bradley wrote:
> Ok....
> I am trying to use the tuner (coax) input with a cable box on my
> PVR250 (the rca in in loose so I only get one channel otherwise I
> would use svideo).  I have the following setup in rc.local:
> /usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0x3000
> /usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4
> /usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=640,height=480
> /usr/bin/ivtvctl -v input=1,output=1

> I only get a black picture no sound with mplayer /dev/video0.  So I
> crank up ptune-ui.pl and set the Tuner0 input channel to 3.....voila
> picture and sound.  However this disappears with a reboot.  Are there
> some ivtv kernel options I am missing or perhaps a ivtvctl line I
> could put in rc.local to set the input to Tuner0 (4) and change the
> Freq to 3?

ivtvctl --help

> Here's my ivtv stuff from modrobe.conf:
> # ivtv modules setup
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

That's all you need.

> Please help if anyone knows the answer.

Please go read the MythTV and ivtv docs. If you get a test capture that has
video and sound, you're pretty much done with everything you need to do on
the ivtv side. The rest is taken care of by Myth.

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...
MythTV Searchable Mailing List Archive