[mythtv-users] Newbie question ! Recording always on ?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 22 20:16:16 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 05:47:40PM -0400, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:26:03 +0200, barmeier <barmeier at barmeier.de> wrote:
> > I use mythtv from CVS because my cx88 board is only supported by the CVS
> > version.
> >
> > When I start looking TV something is recorded all the time.
> > How can I stop this ? I can use the arrow keys to step back in the
> > recording, but I dont need this feature and the absence of a HW encoder
> > means a jerky sound when recording :(
> >
> > Where can I switch this recording off ??
>
> You can't.

Indeed.

If you aren't interested in the extra features that Myth provides for
that, don't watch LiveTV through it.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi