[mythtv-users] Pundit Setup

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 04:46:49 EDT 2004

Hi, I've finally gotten around to building myself a nice little PVR
for recording Digital Terrestrial signals in the UK.

I did have my heart set on a Chaintech 7nif2 but these no longer seem
to exist in the UK :(  so I'm currently looking at using an ASUS
Pundit-R.  I'd like this machine to be both my front-end and backend
box, with 2 Hauppauge Nova-t PCI cards in it.  I understand that these
cards strip an mpeg2 signal off the air, so am I correct in thinking I
may be able to skimp on the processor?

If so, does anyone have any experience of the hardware setup for an
ASUS Pundit-R, i..e recommendations on the CPU type + speed to go for
in my case?  Has anyone fitted 2 Nova-t's into a Pundit (I've seen
comments on websites that some full-size cards may have problems
fitting in ? )

Also the SP-DIF on the front, are there any easyish case-modifications
that can perhaps shift this to the back or at least back/side ?

Thanks,

- Ciaran
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/ (Share the love)