[mythtv-users] proxy server settings and mythweather/news

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Sep 22 00:14:40 EDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, ChuckDock wrote:
> I've added a squid proxy server to my home network. I re-configed wget
> so it knows about the proxy server and now mythfilldatabase works. I
> just don't know what to edit so that mythnews and weather will work
> again.

If Mythweather doesn't directly support a proxy, one easy way is to set up
Squid to allow transparent proxying, and configure your MythTV box to
redirect all port 80 traffic to Squid, IE:

iptables -t nat -I OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-dest <squid-server>:3128

I do the redirection on my border firewall (not the myth box itself, like
the above command would do), and all the MythTV stuff works fine through
it.