[mythtv-users] No black bars behind CC text in 0.16

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 21 16:51:27 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 01:15:10PM -0700, Bela Lubkin wrote:
> >         If you're compiling the source, you can change line 1867 of
> > libs/libmythtv/osdtypes.cpp:
> >
> >             if (0 && !cc->teletextmode)
> >
> > Change the zero to a 1, recompile, and re-install.
>
> Different shows will probably look better with one text style or the
> other.  Can this switch be made runtime-tunable?

There are a *lot* of power-user switches that it would be nice to make
runtime-tunable, like maybe deinterlacing.  If someone digs in to doing
this, might I suggest an extensible framework, such that you might use,
eg, "-" as a prefix key, and then allow people to allocate the
following character for the function they want to export to that
access environment?

Yes, clearly, that approach makes using a non-keyboard remote harder,
but it seems like it would make dozens of other things easier.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi