[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV cards

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Sep 21 13:25:40 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 09:46, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 10:06:54PM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > > Hmm.  I'm not able to find any non-WinTV versions.  Their homepage has
> > > none, pricewatch has none, ebay has none, newegg has none.  Is this a
> > > discontinued product line?
> >
> > All of Hauppauge's TV current cards are prefixed with WinTV, so far as I
> > know. There used to be a Hauppauge WinTV PVR card, which was supplanted
> > by the Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250. I'm not aware of any card simply called a
> > "Hauppauge PVR".
> The older, non-MPEG card was called the WinTV-PVR PCI, if I recall
> correctly.  Their website still showed it a few weeks back, but I
> haven't looked lately.

Yes, but that card name still included the WinTV part. If I understand
correctly, the OP was somehow thinking there was a card called a Hauppauge
PVR something that was somehow different from a Hauppauge WinTV PVR
something, not understanding people on this list just drop the WinTV part,
but are still referring to the same card.

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...
MythTV Searchable Mailing List Archive