[mythtv-users] Re: Deleted commercials show up again on DVD.

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Tue Sep 21 08:08:55 EDT 2004

Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
>  2) mpeg2cut from the nuvexport package.

>     AFAICT, this also requires GTK.

It will run using Xvfb, so you don't require a visible X server.

> I need something that can be run as part of a shell script
> that's started from MythWeb and doesn't have acess to an X
> server.

Well, thers's currently no way to call it from inside mythweb, but the mpeg2cut
script can certainly do it, given some work.  You will need to either run
nuvexport or to call mpeg2cut with an "anti-cutlist".  i.e. a list of frames
to keep.

> Aren't there any non-interactive, command-line tools to do this
> sort of thing???

Yep.

Gavin