[mythtv-users] Re: Build options for mythtv (was: This is odd...)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Sep 21 03:45:34 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:13:17PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> So, when a disproportionate amount of questions on this list are due
> to simple packaging errors that could easily have been avoided (the
> broken mythtv-suite package, and a large number of problem reports
> in the past few days are very due to opengl sync being on), I
> shouldn't say anything at all?

No, of course you should.

I don't thing these issues can be avoided, errors and bugs, even
trivial ones, are always present, and are fixed by rereleasing, be it
another upstream version or a package release.

In previous packages I could reduce the probability of packaging bugs
by packaging myth CVS. The myth CVS rpms had also helped disclose
upstream bugs before the release.

For various reasons (among others the open question among developers
whether myth CVS rpms did or did not help myth developement and users
and whether this model should be continued) I did not this time, and
perhaps that was wrong.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net