[mythtv-users] [Just a bit off topic] Request for info

Todd Tidwell artist at wildstar.net
Tue Sep 21 00:42:47 EDT 2004

I'm asking this question on a couple of other forums, but I've learned that
the MythTV community usually does a good job of answering questions quickly
and straight-up.  Also, since I completely blame MythTV for causing me to
even *think* about this, it's also a bit apropos.

I want to buy a HD/Big-screen TV to hook to my MythTV box.  A year ago I
wouldn't have dreamed of spending 3-6K on a TV, but now...well Myth has
changed my mind.  The trick, though, is that I want to be sure it connects
well to my MythTV box.  Should I:

a) Buy one that has the RGB input

b) Can I use the DVI input on some of the TVs with my DVI output on my video
card

c) Is there some other way I'm missing?

I appreciate the help

-Todd