[mythtv-users] Re: anyone attempt mythfrontend on Cygwin?

Benjamin Watkins ben-list at constant-technologies.com
Mon Sep 20 17:31:18 EDT 2004

Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

>Hi,
>
>it can't find the mythavcodec library ...
>
>Maybe it has to have a "cyg" prefix as the cygmythavformat library it is
>trying to link ? (Just a wild guess !).
>
>Try doing the make in the subdirs manually to track down what goes and
>what not.
>
>In general I was wondering: How does the Video output stuff work on Win32
>? Is there a DirectX driver for MythTV ?
>
>BTW, I am also most interested to see a Win32 mythfrontend to watch TV on
>my Windows notebook in the bedroom :-)
>
>Regards,
>Schlomo

Have you given any thought to running KnoppMyth from a CD?  You can boot
your laptop from the CD and run it as a frontend without any hard drive
installation.  Don't get me wrong, I want to see mythfrontend compile
under Cygwin as well.  I just though that this might be helpful towards
your ultimate goal.  At the very least, it may suffice until you can get
mythfrontend to compile.

http://mysettopbox.tv/

-Ben : )