[mythtv-users] Re: This is odd...

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Sep 20 14:48:23 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 02:18:48PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 20 September 2004 01:57 pm, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Monday 20 September 2004 10:26, James L. Mayhugh wrote:
> > > Well, I just did an apt-get upgrade, and it appeared to install a new
> > > version of MythTV, and my stuttering of live video and initial
> > > playback appears to be gone.
> >
> > There was a build of MythTV on ATrpms with the OpenGL sync code enabled,
> > which slaughtered the cpu on my system (and others) with similar video
> > stutter problems. It was replaced by a build reverting to no OpenGL sync
> > enabled for the moment, so that may have been the source of your stutter as
> > well. The new build generally works great for me, both on audio and video.

Hm, I think the non-opengl_vsync version has not yet been
uploaded. James probably sees the effects of the nodeinterlace patch
(which I'll also remove from the next build, as Jarod readvised).

> Wow, you mean to tell me that the default build options are really
> that way for a reason?  Who woulda thunk it?

It is difficult to guess the reason for the entries being commented
out. If you imply that these were of experimental nature, there is no
way to distinguish from lirc/alsa/arts/dvb etc which are also
commented out.

(Background: There were some posts on atrpms-devel requesting
opengl_vsync to be enabled and that it was tested on several systems)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net