[mythtv-users] kernel modules with wintv350 on FC2

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Sep 20 02:19:10 EDT 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 22:40, Michael Stahnke wrote:
> I am having issues loading the saa7127 kernel module.
> I am unsure what I am doing wrong.  I have a wintv 350
> card from Hauppage.  I have followed Jarod's guide to
> the letter

Ack, I removed that disclaimer that I hadn't actually had a chance to try the
350 stuff under FC2 myself...

> but when I get to
>
> /sbin/insmod saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0
> test_image=1
>
> I get
> insmod: can't read 'saa7127': No such file or
> directory
>
> Is there a simple fix for this?  It seems many people
> have everything running on FC2.  I have built this up
> 3 times on 2 different boxes without luck.

It has actually been covered just recently on the list. That command has to
change to:

/sbin/modprobe saa7127 test_image=1

Haven't had time to update my docs just yet.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...