[mythtv-users] Green horizontal lines on playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 20 01:56:44 EDT 2004

On 09/14/2004 08:44 PM, Ryan Steffes wrote:

>I had just chalked this up to a driver problem and given up on ever
>getting my crappy frontend to work when I noticed something odd.
>What's happening is when I watch recordings (or live tv for that
>matter) on the dedicated frontend I've been working on every other
>horizontal line is green.  I had figured the gatos drivers just
>weren't working for me, but today when I went to delete some files I
>noticed the previews for shows I had tried to watch on that frontend
>had the green lines too!  Once I watched them on my backend computer
>the lines went away.
>
>Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Is it something about the gatos
>drivers failing on my other system, or is something else going on?

I started getting something similar to that.  After a while, I tracked
it down to the signal from my Dish Network receiver.  (It only appeared
on the signal when showing TV--when I put up the Dish on-screen menu, I
got a good signal.  Maybe VBI?).  It turns out that I have to "reboot"
my Dish receiver at least once a month or it outputs a bad signal.
(Funny that the Dish receiver--a consumer-grade appliance--is the weak
link in my system.)

Might not help, but since no one else had any ideas...

Mike