[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV cards

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Sep 20 01:06:54 EDT 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 21:44, Gabriel Sechan wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:15:34 +0100, Stephen Tait <tait at digitallaw.co.uk>
> > AFAICR, the WinTV PVR's won't work as they don't have nay V4L drivers
> > (although I could be wrong). You definitely want a PVR-2/350, and they're
> > mentioned in the official docs here
> > http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html and here
> > http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#pvr250
> Hmm.  I'm not able to find any non-WinTV versions.  Their homepage has
> none, pricewatch has none, ebay has none, newegg has none.  Is this a
> discontinued product line?

All of Hauppauge's TV current cards are prefixed with WinTV, so far as I know.
There used to be a Hauppauge WinTV PVR card, which was supplanted by the
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250. I'm not aware of any card simply called a "Hauppauge

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...
MythTV Searchable Mailing List Archive