[mythtv-users] This is odd...

James L. Mayhugh mythtv at gmj.com
Sun Sep 19 21:37:04 EDT 2004

I've been trying to get MythTV running for about two weeks now. I've
been follwing the FC2 install HOWTO at Myth(TV)ology and am slowly but
surely getting closer to what I want.

I'm running on a Sempron at 1.2Ghz, 2g of RAM with an nVidia card and
PVR350, and two 200GB harddrives for my video capture.

I can capture video off the cable just fine, but I get "prebuffering
pause" about every .45 sec when trying to watch live tv. I also was
getting the stutter when playing captured video back, but discovered
that if I pause the playback for a second or two with my IR remote,
and then resume, the playback starts running at normal speed.

I've been trying to read and absorb as much of this as possible, but
it's all pretty new to me, and I'm just stumped at his point.

Can anyone point me in th eright direction??