[mythtv-users] Recording Priorities Question

Nathan Elliott nelliott at gci.com
Sun Sep 19 04:13:04 EDT 2004

Is there a way to get MythTV go start a recording late if it conflicts with
another program of higher priority?

MythTV is setup to record all shows 60 seconds before their start time, and
180 seconds after their end time.

CSI has a priority of 5 and runs from 7:00PM to 8:00PM, so it will be
recorded from 6:59PM to 8:03PM

If Friends has a priority of 2 and runs from 6:30PM to 7:00PM, it will
record the show, but cut it off right at 6:59 or 7:00 to start recording the
higher priority show....

If Friends starts at 8:00PM, MythTV will not record it at all, because it is
busy recording the extra 3 minutes of CSI.

There has been several times that I'd like to have MythTV just start the
second recording late at 8:03, as I could still see most of the second
show... but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

Any help is appriciated.  Thanks.