[mythtv-users] Recording Priorities Question

Nathan Elliott nelliott at gci.com
Sun Sep 19 04:13:04 EDT 2004

Is there a way to get MythTV go start a recording late if it conflicts with
another program of higher priority?

Example:

MythTV is setup to record all shows 60 seconds before their start time, and
180 seconds after their end time.

CSI has a priority of 5 and runs from 7:00PM to 8:00PM, so it will be
recorded from 6:59PM to 8:03PM

If Friends has a priority of 2 and runs from 6:30PM to 7:00PM, it will
record the show, but cut it off right at 6:59 or 7:00 to start recording the
higher priority show....

BUT...

If Friends starts at 8:00PM, MythTV will not record it at all, because it is
busy recording the extra 3 minutes of CSI.

There has been several times that I'd like to have MythTV just start the
second recording late at 8:03, as I could still see most of the second
show... but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

Any help is appriciated.  Thanks.