[mythtv-users] Error creating mythconvergdatabaseafterfresh.16install...

dave johnson DJ4904 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 22:30:32 EDT 2004

well after double checking the privs on the mythconverg db to ensure that mythtv at localhost had "ALL"
privs, i went forward with the install without issue, except of course my BT848 tuner card won't in
fact tune, and after about 10 secs of "Watch TV" the display of snow freezes, while mythtv seemingly
keeps recording the snow to disk in the background (since it's making noise indicating such.

interface wouldn't take any input so i ssh'd in and killed mythfrontend and once kde desk came back,
it revealed the log from the terminal window i started it up from and it looks like the cursory
stuff was all done. . .  db schema upgraded, all stuff populated, etc., then right after the error
"pthread_setchedparam: Operation not permitted" error (understandable, since i started it as user
"mythtv", not setuid) i got 5 lines of "prebuffering pause", then and a hundred or so "Waited to
long for decorder to pause" followed by the "Terminated" from my kill of mythfrontend.

not sure what's up with my particular problem, but unless i missed something, i'd say it's safe to
ignore the database error in the sql db setup script.

now i need to research these BT848 issues :-/

-=dave