[mythtv-users] Error creating mythconverg databaseafterfresh.16install...

Dave Johnson dj4904 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 20:53:29 EDT 2004

if you look at the sql commands being run, it looks like the "mythtv" user
is first given all privs on the mythconverg.* tables, and then explicitedly
given create temp table privs on it... not being an sql expert, i would only
be guessing, but perhaps the create temp table privs on the db is a subset
of "ALL" and hence the error ?  (some strict privs checking mode ?)

here is the code being ran...

[code]
CREATE DATABASE mythconverg;
GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
GRANT CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost
IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
[/code]

-=dave