[mythtv-users] Re: anyone attempt mythfrontend on Cygwin

Mario L superm1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 12:40:36 EDT 2004

Well let me chart my progress for the cygwin install -

All of the deps for qt can easily be satisfied with cygwin.

I stopped compiling QT, however, because I rememberd it has to be
compiled with mySQL support.  When I added the switch, it decided to
break out of the compile because it couldnt find the mysql libraries
installed properly.  I installed mysql to the root of the drive and
added it to my $path environment variable, but QT still doesnt find
the headers properly.  My next idea was to compile mysql from source
and install it that way, but here is where the compile breaks:
my_thr_init.c: In function `my_thread_global_init':
my_thr_init.c:72: error: `PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK_NP' undeclared
(first use in this function)
my_thr_init.c:72: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
my_thr_init.c:72: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [my_thr_init.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mysql-4.0.21/mysys'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mysql-4.0.21'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm thinkin now maybe of just grabbing a linux tarball and installing
it that way, I mean it will at least put the headers in the right
place, which is what I really need,  not a functioning version...