[mythtv-users] mc.sql error

Tom E. Craddock, Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Sat Sep 18 09:09:22 EDT 2004

Hey all;

I was installing myth for my parents and this happened as I was getting
the mysql part up and running.  I am able to create the mythconverge
database, and I can go thru and get my EPG info with mythfilldatabase.
Does the error below mean anythin is amiss?  Thanks in advanced.

[mythtv at sigmachi mythtv]$ mysql -u root -p <
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.16/database/mc.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1064 at line 4: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
'TEMPORARY TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY
"mythtv"' at line 1

Here is the actual mc.sql for reference:

CREATE DATABASE mythconverg;
GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
GRANT CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost
IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Tom E. Craddock, Jr.