[mythtv-users] Dish Network and Dual Tuners/Receivers

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat Sep 18 02:47:43 EDT 2004

> Are there any Dish receivers that have serial ports for
> changing channels?

Not that I know of.

> Or would I need two separate IR transmitters, one for
> each receiver?

I think you'd need two.  And you couldn't use one of those nice
dual-tuner receivers they give to new customers, either, since the
second tuner in those is controlled via RF, not IR.

I have to say, though, that when you get it up and running, to use the
SVideo ports if you have them.  Dish's quality is awesome.

-Chris