[mythtv-users] Problems in "Watchs TV"

Nathan Elliott nelliott at gci.com
Fri Sep 17 21:57:49 EDT 2004

I'm using a 1GHz celeron system - I had to tweak a lot to get things to
work, but I'm ALMOST 100% happy with the results:

I have a 1Ghz cpu with an el-cheapo WinTV capture card
Some el-cheapo GeForce2 MX video card

My settings:

MPEG 4
320x480
3000 Kbits/sec
Max Quality 1
Min Quality 10
Max interframe diff 5
Enabled both interlaced encoding options, this seems to reduce the CPU load.

Disable all de-interlacing, and other fancy features.
Enable jitter-reduction on playback

MP3 audio
32000 KHz sample rate
Quality 7

My CPU runs between 75-95% while watching LiveTV.  Picture quality is very
good...but not perfect.  I've tried setting the bit rate to 3500, which
provides excellent results, but I then get some of the stuttering you
describe.

Good luck!!