[mythtv-users] Re: anyone attempt mythfrontend on Cygwin?

Joel Anderson bitjunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 15:37:37 EDT 2004

> I'm very interested to hear any success or failure stories.  It would
> be really cool to have at least the frontend running from Windoze.
> --
> Joel

Ok, I see from the archives that a few have had at least limited
success, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  So far I _think_ I have all
the prerequisites installed, but on attempting to compile myth I get
this error:

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot
find -lqt-mt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cygmythavcodec-0.16-0.dll] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Joel/mythtv-0.16/libs/libavcodec'
make[1]: *** [sub-libavcodec] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Joel/mythtv-0.16/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2

Any ideas?

Please keep in mind that it's been a very long time since I compiled
anything myself, having become sadly dependent on rpm's.  I'm really
not sure where to start here.  Feel free to smack me upside the head
if I've missed something blatantly obvious.  ;-)

TIA
--
Joel