[mythtv-users] MythTV and Personal Media Players (RCA RD2780, Creative Zen, iRiver PMP-120, etc.)

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 16:56:17 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone started using one of these newer "Personal Media Player"
devices, like the RCA, Creative, iRiver or original Archos devices,
with their MythTV systems?

I'm thinking of picking one up while I'm down here in San Jose (if I
can find one) and am wondering how much work might be involved to
integrate it with MythTV.

As long as I can either copy over raw .nuv files, or only have to do a
single-step ffpmeg-type dataconversion, it should be ok.  The next
step would be to come up with a "MythPMP" frontend to ease the file
transfer process to and from (for those that record A/V as well),
which I wouldn't expect to be too difficult...

Thanks!

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.