[mythtv-users] Myth 0.16 : ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()'

Blammo [doh] blammo.doh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 12:46:27 EDT 2004

Upgraded to 0.16 last night from ATRPMS, went far smoother than I
expected. My wife loves some of the new features, and the stability
increase was an improvement.

So I'm watching the logs from work today, to make sure everything is
running smoothly, and I see this in the mythbackend.log:

==> /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log <==
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Invalid argument
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad address
[...]

Any idea what this is? Should I be worried? Wife says she doesn't
notice anything negative on the front end during that time. She was
watching cached live TV.

Backend:
FC1 [2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_52.rhfc1.at]
IVTV 109z (thanks CK)