[mythtv-users] Any suggestions for v. poor picture quality on Hauppauge wintv-theatre?

John Freer john_freer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 11:10:46 EDT 2004

Hi:

I've got a hauppauge wintv-theatre card and I have been having a lot
of trouble getting good picture quality out of it.

I've got decent signal strength (looks great on tv, vcr, etc.) and I
even went to the trouble to get a small distribution amp.

But when I capture frames, the frames are discolored a fair amount
and have diagonal lines cutting across the frames.

Pretty much unwatchable.

I've got an XP2200 on an ECS KD7 motherboard.  Think its a via
chipset if it matters.

Anything I can do?

thanks,
JF