[mythtv-users] Sempron?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 10:53:44 EDT 2004

At 15:12 16/09/2004, you wrote:
>Anyone used an AMD Sempron in a myth box?  Today was the first time
>I've seen that processor.... any thoughts on it?  I was currently
>going Barton, but if this is a better/cooler proc, I'll go with this
>one?
>
>Thoughts? Comments?

Sempron is the new budget CPU, and won't be as powerful as a barton core
Athlon. However, for economy chips they're quite good performers,
especially on 754 boards. Don't know about the temperatures though, but my
guess is they'll probably be on an equal or slightly cooler footing than a
low-end barton core.