[mythtv-users] FC2 and IvyTV Problems and Questions

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Sep 16 03:16:17 EDT 2004

On Sep 15, 2004, at 7:03 AM, jon e wishbone wrote:

> I decided to stick with FC2 as I was able to get ivtv working. But I'm
> still at the point where Live TV doesn't work. I get a black screen
> that hangs and this is in the mythfrontend error log ( I started it
> using this command :
> mythfrontend -v all -l /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log )
> ---------- Begin Log Output -------------

> Remote encoder not responding.

That indicates it is trying to connect to a card on a different

> The last four lines repeat until I kill mythfrontend from the command
> line. I can cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg and then play the result
> in mplayer.

...but it sounds like the card is local.

> So, other than upgrading to FC2 and myth 0.16, I'm right
> where I was the previous 5 times I tried. This is getting maddening.
> I've checked the database and the settings seem to be in order. What's
> missing? If I need to provide more info, let me know and I'll get it
> for you ASAP.

I'm thinking you need to go into the setup util and set both your host
and master server IP address settings to

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...
MythTV Searchable Mailing List Archive