[mythtv-users] Epia CPU usage

James Tyson james at giantrobot.co.nz
Thu Sep 16 01:25:36 EDT 2004

Hey people.

I have finally managed to get mythtv working nicely, except I have two
problems, which are most likely related.

When recording live tv my CPU sits at 60%, and when attempting to watch
live tv (or indeed anything while recording) I get a lot of
"prebuffering pause".

Hardware is VIA Epia MII-10000 with a 1GHz C3 processor, 512MB of RAM,
200GB Seagate Barracuda UDMA-100 hard disk and an old BT878 based card
working with video4linux.  I'm using RTjpeg with uncompressed audio for
my recording profile.  My kernel is 2.6.8-epia1.

Can anyone tell me what amount of CPU it should actually be using when
recording?  And any tips on how to make things go a little perkier?

Thanks.

---
James Tyson
If it's gigantic, it's probably something to do with us.
Giant Robot Ltd, http://www.giantrobot.co.nz/