[mythtv-users] Suggestion: MythWeb settings in frontend

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Wed Sep 15 15:01:32 EDT 2004

Just updated to .16 and it seems to have gone fairly smoothly
("Thank-you" to all the contributors!). However, I lost all my
mythweb customizations and am painstakingly trying to re-do them
(argh). The main problem, I think, was that I had moved all of
mythweb into a new folder called "hub", which I had added basic
password protection to. Of course, the update was unaware of this and
simply made a new "Mythweb" folder and installed into it. I was
thinking that perhaps it would be a good idea to have a setting
screen for MythWeb that you could define the location of the MythWeb
folder and that, when installing, MythTV could check that first and
install in the correct location. Also, I thought that maybe other
MythWeb settings, currently done in the conf.php file, could be in
that settings pane too -- just a thought.