[mythtv-users] "no video" problems upgrading to 0.16 (CLE266)

Ivan A. Beveridge ivan at dreamtime.org
Wed Sep 15 08:12:38 EDT 2004


I just tried upgrading to 0.16 and am having problems viewing any
prerecorded programmes. When I select a programme to watch (or watch
"live tv", I get about 1-2 seconds of audio then it hangs, and 
mythfrontend repeatedly prints this out to console:

2004-09-15 12:41:15 All Programs
2004-09-15 12:41:18 Connecting to backend server: (try 1
of 5)
2004-09-15 12:41:18 Using protocol version 13
2004-09-15 12:41:19 Using protocol version 13
2004-09-15 12:41:32 Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp'.
2004-09-15 12:41:32 Audio fragment size: 4096
Using VIA CLE266 Hardware Decoding
2004-09-15 12:41:33 Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
pthread_setschedparam: Success
2004-09-15 12:41:33 Running as SUID root would allow some threads to run
with re
altime priority, improving video smoothness.
waiting for free video buffers timed out
waiting for free video buffers timed out

Nothing odd showed up in the mythbackend log (I am running both frontend
and backend with "verbose" arguements):

2004-09-15 12:41:18 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Playback
2004-09-15 12:41:18 adding: video as a client (events: 0)
2004-09-15 12:41:19 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Playback
2004-09-15 12:41:19 adding: video as a client (events: 1)

Setup details:
* EPIA MII 12000 (CLE266 video)
* onboard TV out to .... TV :)
* DVB card for TV
* Debian testing
* kernel 2.6.7-epia1

I am using the debian build here:
deb http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv
deb-src http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv

.... by downloading the source package and rebuilding by enabling CLE266
hardware acceleration (and turning off ivtv in this case). This is
exactly what I did for 0.15.1.

In case it makes any difference, I left the mythvideo, mythweather and
mythweb "packages" on version 0.15.1 (the same as I did with my 0.15.1
rebuild). They obviously didn't work, but I wanted to make sure that
0.16 worked for me before upgrading and finding I couldn't downgrade

I was looking forward to upgrading, as the backend is unstable (I
believe stability improvements for DVB were mentioned) and a couple of
other niggles (eg when I stop TV or prerecorded TV, I get a ~5s audio
"stutter" every time before control gets returned back to the
mythfrontend menus).

Hope someone has some pointers/suggestions. I've rolled back to my
0.15.1 (with CLE266 support) and will take a bit more of a prod round.

Many thanks

Ivan Beveridge	<ivan at dreamtime.org>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list