[mythtv-users] mythtv segfault when exiting live tv

Jason E Jenkins jjenk10 at mchsi.com
Tue Sep 14 22:05:18 EDT 2004

Hello all,
  I just installed 0.16 and I think most of the plugins and all work;
however, when exiting live tv mythfrontend dies and segfaults without
any errors that I can tell in the /var/logs or logs in mysql.  While
watching live tv I can change channels all day long and it works fine,
but when I exit live tv it drops back to the console window I ran
mythfrontend from with a segfault.  The mythbackend stays up and I can
immediatlly reconnect to it.  I run a mythfrontend on the same box as
the mythbackend and I also have a mythfrontend running on another box
and both machines offer the same result when exiting live tv.  Please
let me know if I should have added more info to diagnose this issue.
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or had any insight
as to what might be going on here.
Thanks
Jason

Backend w/ frontend
Freash Install of Gentoo Linux and everything else
AthlonXP 1600
256mb RAM
GeForce FX 5200
gentoo-sources 2.4.26-r9
PVR250
mythtv 0.16

Frontend only
Gentoo
gentoo-sources 2.6.8-r2
GeForce FX 5600 xt
512mb RAM
mythfrontend 0.16 (no backend on this pc)