[mythtv-users] /etc/init.d/mysqld

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 14:31:38 EDT 2004

See this section in the /etc/init.d/mysqld file (this is what mine
looks like now). The file format changed slightly in FC2. Just add the
"-umysql"  to the command.

# If you've removed anonymous users, this line must be changed to
# use a user that is allowed to ping mysqld.
ping="/usr/bin/mysqladmin -umysql ping"

To help, the above is around line 41.

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:02:19 -0400, Nate Thompson
<natet at buckeye-express.com> wrote:
> I wondered the same thing myself and was going to post a question to
> the list but forgot. I have been running for a couple days without
> making that change and havent noticed any problems so far.
>
> Nate

Josh Burks