[mythtv-users] set backend IP address without mythsetup?

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Tue Sep 14 12:11:36 EDT 2004

On a frontend I recently set up, changing DBHostName  in
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt from "localhost" to the remote IP address
was all the setup required.

See also the end of <http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.5>

--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com
Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://wendy.seltzer.org/
Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org/