[mythtv-users] OSD fonts on a new machine

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 10:48:46 EDT 2004

Broken and jagged fonts - sounds like antialiasing is disabled....
check the XF86Config on both machines and make sure you're loading the
freetype extension... (the fonts specified in the config are only
fallbacks if the freetype fonts fail)

also, make sure the freetype fonts are configured correctly.... can't
recall the location.... /etc/fontconfig or something to that effect.
compare those files on each machine and make sure it all matches up

in addition, make sure the directories pointed to by all the font
paths match up.... some font types require utilities to be run in
order to setup the fonts to be used by freetype (can't recall names
but something to the effect of ttfmkfontdir)