[mythtv-users] Recompressing DVB generated NUV files

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 08:55:00 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 05:13, James Casbon wrote:
> On Monday 13 September 2004 21:57, Ben Rometsch wrote:
> > Has _anyone_ been able to convert NUV files generated by a MythTV
> > setup driven by a DVB-T card into something that can be burnt to CD
> > and watched on a machine without MythTV (i.e. recompressed to
> > DivX/Xvid) ?
>
> I've done it with nuvexport.

I thought recordings made with a DVB-T card were just plain old
MPEG-2... if that's the case, you shouldn't need to do anything to
them; if you want them to work "out of the box" on a Windows machine,
just rename them from .nuv to .mpg.  If you want to transcode to a
smaller format (i.e., DivX/Xvid), you could use any transcoding tool of
your choice (mencoder, transcode, TMPGenc, etc...)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

-JAC