[mythtv-users] Pundit noise with fast processor?

Tyler Drake pcjabber at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:39:43 EDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 00:19:39 +0200, Niklas Brunlid <nbr at ticalc.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:10:10 -0400, John Kuhn <kuhn at razorsys.com> wrote:

[snip]
> > I only have experiance with the SiS based pundit and it is near silent..
> > very slight hum can be heard from the cpu fan (which is the only fan)
> >
> > --John
>
> [Please don't top post]
>
> I could have sworn that my Pundit (SiS) has a PSU fan. It's actually the
> thing making the most noise (not that it's a lot, but I hear it clearly in
> a quiet room) unless the CPU is busy transcoding or something and the CPU
> fan is cranked up.

Mine has one (PSU fan)  too. It is horribly placed -- just in back of
the optical drive, but, hey, what can you do?  I don't think I'll buy
another Pundit again.  Too small, too hard to fit 2x PVR-250s in
there, and it overheats sometimes (thats my room though -- a server, a
computer, a laptop and that [the Pundit] are almost always running.
Plus sometimes I have one on the bench to work on for a customer.  It
gets quite warm in there.  ;-)

--Tyler