[mythtv-users] Pundit noise with fast processor?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Sep 13 16:04:29 EDT 2004

> I'm looking for feedback from people with the Asus Pundit and processors 2.4
> GHz and faster.

I have a 2.4G p4 (not celeron) and the noise levels are fine.  I can
hear it if I really crank up CPU usage (transcoding), but even when it's
just recording to mpeg4 I still have to listen for it in order to make
it out from the other background noises (fridge in the other room).

At idle, the proc doesn't really get very hot, so the fans spin as slow
as they go.

-Chris