[mythtv-users] UK Radio Times grabber looks like it's dead

Mark Cooper mythtv-users at mcooper.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 15:24:51 EDT 2004

Julian Edwards wrote:
> Mark Cooper wrote:
>
>> Ivor Hewitt ran a survey ( http://www.ivor.it/mythtv/survey.pl ) back
>> in January to see how many people would be prepared to pay for a UK
>> XMLTV feed. From memory ( the page and site appear to be down... )
>> over 60 people signed up but AFAIK nothing came about from it ... :(
>>
> The Radio Times site does a subscription feed for PDAs that costs £14.95
> a year.  As the first post said, it would be nice if they could make
> this available in XMLTV format.  I'd definitely pay.

I've just got an email back from tvcompass.com ( the company that
handles the RadioTimes PDA listings ) and they "have though about
providing a paid-for feed for 3rd party applications, possibly using the
XMLTV format" and said they would keep me updated. This sounds very
positive and I would encourage any other UK users to get in touch (
sales at tvcompass.com ).

--

Mark Cooper
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/ - Open Source PVR Hardware Database