[mythtv-users] 0.16: How to enable new vsync code and bob deint?
dougl at charter.net
Mon Sep 13 10:41:12 EDT 2004
Thomas Börkel wrote:
> I did not find this in the docs.
> How do I enable the new vsync code in 0.16?
You have no choice; it's enabled. The old code is gone :-)
You may want to run 'mythfrontend --verbose playback', play a video, and
take note of the timing method it's using:
* if you're using nVidia version <= 43xx, you should see nVidia timing
* if you're using nVidia version 53xx, upgrade!
* if you're using nVidia version 61xx, you should make sure to build
with OpenGL vsync support (in settings.pro), and you should see OpenGL
* I'm not sure who needs DRM timing, but if you used it before, it
should continue to work
* Most others should see /dev/rtc timing. If not, check permissions on
/dev/rtc and the contents of /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq (should be
1024; if not, arrange for it to be so, probably with the 'systune' package).
* If you can't use any of the above for some reason, it will fall back
to 'sleep with busy-wait,' which is actually not bad with a 2.6 kernel.
It consumes a little more CPU though, especially with a 2.4 kernel.
> How do I use the new bob deinterlacer in 0.16?
It's in the settings, in the same location as the old "Deinterlace
Playback" checkbox was. You enable deinterlacing, then choose a method.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 256 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20040913/6c6bdcd9/signature.pgp
More information about the mythtv-users