[mythtv-users] Asus Pundit with onboard SiS

Scott catfather at donpoo.net
Mon Sep 13 08:50:27 EDT 2004

I'm looking for other users who have the Asus Pundit with SiS onboard.
I'm specifically checking for anyone who has this hooked up via DVI-I
and is using the Xv for playback of DVDs or TV.

I've been seeing an occasional video jump during fullscreen playback of
hollywood DVDs (not copies) from both mplayer and xine. This is not
MythTV related as I can replicate the problem when MythTV is not
running. I know the Asus Pundit is fairly popular on the list so I'm
checking to see if others have a setup similar to mine. The problem is
the kind of thing that happens once or twice during the viewing of a
2hr movie. The sound does not stutter or loose sync and it's the kind
of visual effect you might think was caused by a scratch on the DVD or
possibly bad reception.

Anyone running the Pundit with onboard SiS and using the DVI-I output?

--
Scott