[mythtv-users] Re: Sources list problem

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Sep 13 02:00:53 EDT 2004

On Sunday 12 September 2004 12:40, Simon Gade wrote:

> Very new to Linux and mythtv but am getting errors as I try to ap-get
> install kde - I think it might have something to do with the
> sources.list-file which look exactly like the one described. What
> should I do? Do I need to install something? How do I do it? (I'm a
> REAL newbie).

I've got some more changes to account for... Basically, just
edit /etc/apt/sources.list and replace at-stable with at-testing, then
apt-get update. From there, you can:

1) Install medley-package-config to get the full-blown sources.list. However,
it'll get created as /etc/apt/sources.list.rpmnew, so you have to:
#cd /etc/apt
# mv sources.list.rpmnew sources.list
(answer y)
# apt-get update

Then you can install the updated kde stuff.

or:

2) Ignore all the kde-redhat stuff after enabling at-testing and proceed
through the doc.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com