[mythtv-users] Linux games in MythGame

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Sun Sep 12 20:46:45 EDT 2004

I'm setting up some Linux games in MythGame, and I thought it might be
good to share some ~/.mythtv/games.xml entries here.  What are your

Also, are there any configuration tricks?  (I tried to get lsdldoom to
run, but it insists on 800x600, even though I run at 640x480, which is
the resolution I record at.)

Here are some of my entries:
      <command>/usr/games/bin/Maelstrom -fullscreen</command>
      <command>/usr/games/bin/toppler -f</command>
      <command>/home/myth/bin/twmcmd /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm +sb -sl 5000
-geometry 86x34+15+15</command>

Note that I have a shell script to launch the xterm that first runs twm
in the background.  If I don't do that, I don't get keyboard focus.
Normally I don't run a window manager, as I've had problems with xine
starting somewhere other than at +0+0, which isn't fun for watching