[mythtv-users] Scheduled recording causing frontend lockup

Donavan Stanley GeckoFiend at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 10:23:08 EDT 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:09:56 +0200, gvd <gvd at versateladsl.be> wrote:
> I have the same lockup, using a CVS version of some weeks ago. My feeling is
> that the
> frontend receives the name of the file from the backend. So it want to open
> it. However,
> the file is not yet (or being) created by the backend.
>
> In the end the frontend tries to read data from a file that does not yet
> exists. For some reason it cannot
> recover after that.

Myth checks for the existance of the file before opening. The problem
isn't that it's trying to open a file which doesn't exist, it's that
the handle it's given for the newly created file isn't valid and can't
be read from.

There's got to be some commonality between those of us who experiance
this problem.  I *though* it was due to LVM, since moving my recording
directory to a non-LVM drive cleared it up.  However since it's
showing up for non-LVM users, that's out the window..  Perhaps it's a
filesystem (xfs for me) or kernel issue
(2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at for me)?