[mythtv-users] What post xine filters are you using for MythDVD

Mark Dobossy mdobossy at Princeton.EDU
Sun Sep 12 10:08:04 EDT 2004

On Sep 11, 2004, at 10:30 PM, john roberts wrote:

> Anyone want to share their --post options (such as tvtime, etc) for
> watching DVD's?  I've been trying to use a chained post in an attempt
> to improve the DVD watching.  My progressive DVD player looks better
> then MythDVD. :(
> Thanks!

Here is how I am launching xine-

xine -pfhq -s dvd --post

I find this gives a nice sharp picture.  If you have a hdtv, it might
be a bit too sharp (reduce the amount for both luma and chroma to about

Also, this has no deinterlacing.  You can add a tvtime post to turn
deinterlacing on (I have to do this..).