[mythtv-users] Small print on TV

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Sat Sep 11 22:44:36 EDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 04:30:07PM -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> I have a dual-head setup with my primary screen being a 1280x1024
> digital flat panel, and the secondary screen being a 720x480 NTSC
> television. When running Myth on the second screen, the text on the
> main screen icons appears to be somewhere between two to four pixels
> high. So, it's pretty much illegible. The same screen looks awesome on
> my first screen; the text is twenty pixels high and perfectly legible.

Sorry for this mostly me too response...

I've got a similar setup (1024x768, 640x480) and have had a similar
experience.  I manually edited the ui.xml file for the theme that I'm
using to get the fonts to my liking.  Mostly just changed the big font for
the playback sections, adding 6-8 point sizes.

> I'm running Myth as
>   DISPLAY=:0.1 mythfrontend

I open an xterm in the second screen, then run mythfrontend from there. 6
of one, half dozen of another.

-Chris