[mythtv-users] Mythtv inducing DVB errors?

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Sat Sep 11 17:27:03 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I am seeing really strange things with mythtv 0.16 that I've never seen
before involving DVB, but I have recently changed a lot of variables so
I'm not really sure... I wouldn't have thought that myth could cause
these errors, but I can't create them any other way. Anyway, here's the
story:

When I run mythfrontend and tune into any channel (BBC ONE for example),
I get almost continuous errors right from the start of playback:
DVB#1 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error. PID=640
DVB#1 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error. PID=641
and the picture/sound break up at the same time.

Doing a tzap on the same channel reveals a pretty low BER (<0x100) and a
solid lock. In addition I can run:
dvbstream -f5058333 -c0 -qam 16 600 601 -o | mplayer -
and I have had a perfect stream for over an hour.

scan also returns the correct multiplex dump without any problems.

Unfortunately having done a fresh install of FC2, kernel 2.6.8.1 I can't
be certain that I haven't changed any other variables. Can anyone shed
any light?

Specs:
FC2, kernel 2.6.8.1
P4 2.4C, 512Mb RAM