[mythtv-users] Hundreds "DVB#0 WARNING - Uncorrectable error in packet, dropped" messages every second

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Sep 11 10:30:27 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 07:41:30AM +0100, Danny Robinson wrote:
> Thanks Hamish,
>
> Would be surprised if there was a signal problem as I've had a new
> aerial, boosters, etc. and the result was a really strong signal.
>
> Do you know how these messages can be turned off?

Only by hacking the source, as far as I know.

Usually real corruption would be accompanied by lots (LOTS!) of
transport stream continuity errors, and you'd also see visible
corruption and audio cracks and pops too. If you're not getting those,
the errors could really be fictitious. (Might be worth reporting that on
the linux-dvb list then.)

Hamish