[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.16 - unable to create AudioOutput

Jurgen Kramer gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net
Sat Sep 11 06:48:40 EDT 2004

I've just installed mythtv 0.16 and I am having sound problems.
MythMusic works just fine but any other module which uses sound gives a
"unable to create AudioOutput" message. I have compiled mythtv with and
without OSS support but the problem does not go away.

In het setup I still see references to /dev/dsp, that's not really ALSA
like right? I am forgetting something here?

btw I upgraded from 0.15.1 which worked without problems.

Jurgen