[mythtv-users] [OT] HTPC Configuration for first MythTV box

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Sep 10 13:27:31 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 10:45:26PM +0100, Stephen Tait wrote:
> I've been meaning to get down to doing some proper documentation for a
> while now (my Gentoo/MythTV/ivtv howto is still 90% finished after god
> knows how many months ;) but I've been really busy at work (I've finally
> managed to convince my boss that good file servers are a good thing and not
> a frivolous toy, and proved it by trebling our throughput at minimal cost,
> and he now wants millions of the things, as well as IPSec VPN's and rsync
> cron jobs, and as the only Linux bod in the company I've been a bit snowed
> under) and have had very little time to write anything, let alone do any
> normal stuff like eating or drinking. My mythbox has definitely proved its
> worth though!

You go, boy.  :-)

Linux: the choice of a GNU generation.

In your Copious Free Time, we do invite you to contribute to the User
Manual we're working on over on the wiki:

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UserManual

A fair amount is already done, which makes it a bit smaller hill to
climb to contribute, or at least that's our diabolical plan.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi